Another tiring day as I woke up early to workout in the gym followed by servicing my car. I had a hard time changing my car's spark plugs!! This led me having a late dinner at around 11pm. Still have more things to do for my darn car. My pals were talking about me facing alot of adventurous moments while traveling in car. It's either the wheel punctured or the battery went dead. I shared with them more adventures while traveling with my Dad in the past. It's really amusing. While I was sharing with them about those adventures, I think of my Dad. At the same time, it was Fathers' day and I believed everyone would have something to tell their father.
Dad,
I would like to thank you for bringing me to the world and spent so much time with me while I'm an infant. I was told by Mum and you how naughty am I when I was still a baby. I needed you to carry me and walked around the park in the middle of the cold night to coax me to sleep. Besides, you had given your best to provide us with a shelter to stay, a car to travel and etc. Although there were some unhappy moments in between, but nothing stopped you from giving up on us. I know you love the family. I believe you do.
There were so many adventurous outings like traveling to Genting, riding in Desaru, playing water in Kota Tinggi. All these beautiful and happy moments will forever remain in my mind. I think those are one of the happiest moments of my life. With you around, I always feel secure. With you around, I am less worried about my life. Your presence and support was so significant to my life.
However, you fell sick during my O level examinations and never recovered. The day when you decided to turn over a new leaf was the day you fell sick. You became bedridden and couldn't speak a single word. It hurt me everytime when I see you crying helplessly. It hurt me everytime when I see jabs given to you. It almost killed me when you were reduced to skin and bones. We tried hard to help you fight against the illness. When my exams were finally over, I wanted to give my life to the nation to raise some money for your medical bills. Before I could put pen on paper, you left us. My world shattered then, and I remembered holding your cold and non-responsive hand, asking you to wake up. To wake up to support me during my basketball games. To wake up and talk to me about football.
Your departure opened up a new chapter in my life. I took over some responsiblities to take care of the family, I found myself a job to reduce some burden from Mum. I finally gave my life to the nation when our finances were not doing very well. From then on, I did not look back and continued to provide Mum, Sis and Bro with the care and concern they need. I became confident on handling my life and bringing Mum less worries. As my promised to you, Dad, I willl take good care of Mum. I will bring her to more holidays and a better life. Dad, thanks for some advices which you gave me in the past. Thanks for teaching me about entrepreneurship, relationship and some architecture design. I appreciated everyone of them.
You might not be the best person but you are the greatest Dad ever! Rest in peace. I will take very good care of the family. I still miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment