It's Tuesday morning here and I guess some football fans are watching Brazil's first game against North Korea in the World Cup which has begun last Friday. Most of my colleagues are quite excited about the World Cup games but I'm quite exceptional this year. I am a delirious football fan but not as frantic this year. Maybe I'm too busy thinking about what to write for my blog.
I have something quite interesting to share. It is about being thoughtful to others. I believe that nowadays it is quite difficult to find thoughtful people in the working society. This might be caused by the environment which is ever challenging. As people fight for their own survival, they became selfish and never spare a thought for others. Is this an effect caused by people who want to change the entire country into a world class environment?
Being thoughtful was taught when we were acquiring our primary education. I could remember that there was even a special session to teach us about moral education even till secondary level. I felt that this was the best time to acquire such education as we tend to absorb better when we were young. However, as we grew up, we were preoccupied with other matters like being in love, shopping in downtown, working part time in restaurants etc. Hence, we forget about the basic moral education we learnt in early days.
To most people, moral education is just another lesson we attend in school. It is a lesson that do not have examinations or test. Our qualification to tertiary institutions does not require any results of moral education as long as our conducts are good accompanied with acceptable grades.
That's a total mis-perspective to life! As we grew up and start to work with people, we need those education to maintain a healthy relationship with our colleagues or partners to improve the efficiency of the organisation. We must know how to accept or reject an idea in an appropriate way so that we will not hurt the other party. We must not judge people as early as in a week. If we have some disagreements, we must approach the person in the right manner. It is disappointing to say that such things are rare in the society nowdays as people chose to be harsh.
Being thoughtful is easier to say than done in modern society. People should not think of their own survival in work and forget about their moral values. Yes, moral values may not give you promotion and higher income, but it reflects your personality and the respect others give you. There is always something money can never buy.
No comments:
Post a Comment