Sept 11, Saturday, many have the memories of what happened 8 years ago to the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon in Washington DC. 3 commercial planes clashed into the three buildings causing numerous death and damages. This sparked the anti terrorism war to start in the Middle East, a trillion dollar war which has yet to end.
On the same day in Mountain Home, we celebrated the Air Force Appreciation Day. It was a day when the people of United States shows their gratitude and appreciation to the men and women in service of the military. It was my first time participating such event and am very proud to be a military serviceman. Never have I had such an experience whereby the crowds waved, smiled and thanked you for your service. A gesture Singapore is lacking of. It outstanding and awesome. The sacrifices of the servicemen and women were acknowledged.
The walk could have been a short one but definitely an enjoyable one. I believed I am the few Singaporean serviceman to experience such wonderful festival. I'm touched and would like to thank those people who appreciate our service.
P.S. The interests of the country needs to be protected by its military force.
No comments:
Post a Comment